Sunscreen In A Pill…
Getting sunshine every day protects you against major diseases. That includes osteoporosis, heart disease and even cancer. But too much sun can also damage your skin and speed up aging.
Mainstream skin doctors have only one solution. They tell you to slather your skin with commercial sunscreens.
As usual, mainstream medicine has it wrong – and dangerous. Not only do those smelly lotions make you feel like a greased pig, they are also full of cancer-causing chemicals.
I’ve always known there was a more natural way. After all, our ancient ancestors spent whole days in the sun without sunscreen. And they didn’t get skin cancer.
I’ve seen the same thing in my patients here in South Florida. Many of them spend hours in the sun without sunscreen. But their skin is smooth and supple. It doesn’t get wrinkled, dry, or leathery.
Let me tell you their secret…
Internally – at the cellular level – they’re protected from sun damage – because they’ve triggered their body’s natural sun defense.
In a minute, I’m going to show you how you can do the same thing with a simple pill.
But first, I want you to understand your body’s own sun-protection molecule. It’s called superoxide dismutase or SOD.
SOD is your body’s master antioxidant. It’s found in every one of your cells, both inside and outside your cell membranes.
It works by neutralizing the MOST dangerous free radicals in your body. I’m talking about superoxide radicals or “anions.”
Most antioxidants can’t touch these superoxide radicals. But SOD is an enzyme that triggers the conversion of superoxides into harmless oxygen and water.1
Ultraviolet rays from the sun create a lot of these nasty superoxides. But only SOD is strong enough to take them on. In fact, SOD has 3,500 times the antioxidant power of vitamin C.2
Your body makes plenty of SOD when you’re young. But as you age, you make less and less.
For decades we’ve been trying to find a way to boost SOD…
You can’t get it from food.
And supplements didn’t work. The SOD molecule is so fragile that saliva and stomach acid destroy it before it can get into your system.3
But now I’ve found a new delivery system for SOD.
And it’s all thanks to some cantaloupe farmers. You see, these growers noticed that some of their melons spoiled much less than others. The heartier melons had higher levels of SOD. They stayed fresh three or four times longer.
French scientists took the SOD from these melons and combined it with a special protein. Then they coated this protein in a protective sheath to survive the digestive tract. It worked.
Later in this article, I’m going to tell you about this amazing form of SOD.
In one study, 150 people took this specific form of SOD every day for two months. At the same time, they followed a strict sunbathing routine.
More than 82% of these subjects felt their skin was better prepared for sun exposure. Most could tolerate more time in the sun. They had fewer cases of sunburn or skin irritation. And a significant number said they tanned more deeply and faster with less sun exposure.4
In another study, 15 people who redden easily or who were hypersensitive to the sun took SOD. They ALL reported a higher tolerance to the sun. They also had less redness, flushing or skin irritation from the sun.5
And yet another study showed that SOD allowed fair-skinned people to get eight times more sun before burning.6
In other words, SOD bumped up the body’s natural sun protection by 800%.
But SOD doesn’t just protect you from sunburn. It’s also a powerful anti-aging supplement.
Let me explain…
Free-radical damage also destroys the collagen matrix that supports your skin. As collagen breaks down, your skin loses elasticity and you lose your youthful appearance.
Researchers from Denmark found that SOD binds directly to collagen. It helps protect collagen from the free-radical damage that results in aging skin.7
I recommend taking SOD all summer long especially if you’re sensitive to the sun. It won’t only protect you from burning. It will also support your collagen to keep your skin firm and youthful.
SOD works fast. The studies show that you can get the benefits after just two to three days. Take 50 mg. per day.
But before you rush out to buy SOD make sure you’re getting the right one.
You MUST get the patented form developed by the French researchers. Its called GliSODin and you get it in pill form.
Other types of SOD are useless. Your body can’t use SOD unless it gets through your digestive tract and only GliSODin has been proven to do that.
It’s the easiest way to make sure you’re protecting every inch of your skin from the sun without toxic sunscreens.
To your good health,
Al Sears, MD
1. Faraci FM, Didion SP. Vascular protection: superoxide dismutase isoforms in the vessel wall. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2004;24(8):1367-73.
2. Colman J. “Life Span-Increasing Effects of Super Oxide Dismutase (SOD).” LEM. Winter 2005/2006.
3. “Dietary free superoxide dismutase does not affect tissue levels.” American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 1983, 37:5-7.
4. “Glisodin and Exposure to the Sun,” an open study conducted in France on 150 patients by 40 dermatologists following a protocol compiled by Catherine Laverdet, M.D., Nadine Pomarede, M.D. and Catherine Oliveres-Ghouti, M.D. Sponsored by ISOCELL Nutra, France. (March 2005).
5. “Glisodin Sun Study Pilot,” an open study conducted in France on 15 patients presenting fragile skin, hypersensitivity to the sun or even problems of sun disease, conducted by Catherine Laverdet, MD, Dermatologist, Attachee de Consultation des Hopitaux de, Paris. July-September 2003.
6. M. Mac-Mary, J. Sainthillier, P. Creidi, J.P. Series, F. Vix, Ph. Humbert, “Evaluation of the Effect of Glisodin on the Intensity of Actinic Erythema,” presented at the CARD (Annual Congress of Dermatological Research) meeting in Brest, France, May 28th 2005.
7. Petersen SV, Oury TD, Ostergaard L, et al. “Extracellular superoxide dismutase (EC-SOD) binds to type i collagen and protects against oxidative fragmentation.” J Biol Chem. 2004;279(14):13705-10.