CBD skin cream is natural and a much better choice than big retail’s commercial toxic creams. Especially if you’re having issues around menopause.
Almost half of menopausal women report increased psoriasis after menopause, as well as dermatitis. These conditions can cause your skin to become red, dry, irritated, and inflamed.
Most dermatologists will write a prescription for a topical antibiotic like metronidazole. Not only is this drug not necessary, it causes stinging, burning, along with more irritation, dryness, and redness. Exactly what you were trying to heal!
That’s why I tell my patients to use a CBD cream instead…
As a long-time reader, you know that CBD is a powerful anti-inflammatory… and that I recommend using it orally to treat the inflammation caused by chronic pain and arthritis.
But new research shows CBD has anti-inflammatory properties that can effectively treat skin inflammation, relax the skin, and reduce redness.1
You see, your skin has its own endocannabinoid system that plays an important role in maintaining balance. A study published in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology found that 81% of patients who used a topical CBD cream experienced 100% resolution of their symptoms.2
Another study found that CBD targets the cannabinoid receptors in the skin that cause excess cell growth, a key symptom of psoriasis.
But CBD goes well beyond menopausal skin conditions. It benefits your skin no matter your age or condition – and even reduces the signs of aging. CBD…
- Fights free-radical damage. With antioxidant properties more powerful than vitamins C and E, CBD reduces the free-radicals that lead to facial wrinkles. CBD targets both the external toxins that cause damage, as well the internal byproducts produced by your body.
- Eliminates acne. Because CBD can effectively reduce and rebalance the production of oil in the skin, it’s a powerful acne treatment.3
- Increases collagen. This protein helps form the connective tissue that supports firm skin. Women with lots of healthy collagen have smooth supple skin with fewer wrinkles and less puffiness. Scientists found that CBD improves the production of collagen.4
- Reduces scarring. Scar tissue is formed when the skin’s layers are damaged and the cells repair the injury with new collagen fibers. CBD supports the regeneration of skin cells and limits the spread of damaged cells. One study found that CBD ointment “significantly improved” the skin parameters of tested scar tissue patients.5
It’s Easy to Make Your Own CBD Cream
There are a lot of CBD skincare products on the market. But since you can’t verify the purity of ingredients, you can make my own. Here’s a simple recipe…
- 1 oz beeswax
- 2 oz hemp seed oil
- 2 oz shea butter
- 15 drops rosehip seed oil
- 30 drops CBD oil
- 30 drops essential oil of your choice
- Gently melt beeswax and hemp seed oil.
- When melted, add in the shea butter, and stir until melted.
- Add in the rosehip seed oil, stir, and remove from heat.
- Add your CBD oil and essential oils and stir.
- Pour into containers and immediately cap.
1 Palmieri B. “A therapeutic effect of cbd-enriched ointment in inflammatory skin diseases and cutaneous scars.”
Clin Ter. Mar-Apr 2019;170(2):e93-e99.
2 Mounessa J, et al. “The role of cannabinoids in dermatology.” JAAD. 2017. 77(1);188-190.
4 Kogan N, et al. “ Cannabidiol, a major non-psychotropic cannabis constituent enhances fracture healing and stimulates lysyl hydroxylase activity in osteoblasts.” J Bone Miner Res. 2015 Oct;30(10):1905-13.
5 Entra. Clinicaterapeutica.it. Published 2021. Accessed March 8, 2021. http://www.clinicaterapeutica.it/ojs/index.php/index/login?source=%2Fojs%2Findex.php%2FClinicaTerapeutica%2Farticle%2Fview%2F377%2F147