Dr. Sears

Formulated by World-Renowned
Anti-Aging Pioneer Dr. Al Sears


Do You Need a Detox for Copper Toxicity?


Copper Toxicity is on the Rise

Do you remember the old-fashioned saying: “Find a penny, pick it up. All day long, you’ll have good luck”? It was one of my grandmother’s favorite. She used to say it every time she saw the coin sitting around.

Now, pennies may be considered good luck…

But too much of this trace mineral in your body is definitely BAD for your health.

Too much copper can lead to a condition called copper toxicity. This condition affects almost 80% of women — although if you’re like most, you’ve never even heard of it.

Now, humans need copper in their diets. It’s an important nutrient that helps you produce the red blood cells that circulate energy-providing oxygen around your body. Copper also acts as an antioxidant, reducing the free radicals that can damage cells and DNA.

But like a lot of things, you can have too much of good thing…

  • Depression
  • Brain fog
  • Headaches
  • Severe anxiety
  • Memory loss
  • Insomnia
  • Exhaustion

When you have too much copper in your system, your mind races, but you feel utterly fatigued all the time. You go to your doctors with symptoms that seem all over the place.

Copper toxicity is on the rise thanks to all the fake estrogens in our environment. These alien estrogens are in products we’re exposed to every day, from your shampoo and conditioner to a cash register receipt. They bind to your body’s estrogen receptors — and cause you to retain too much copper.
I’ve talked to you before about the danger of estrogen dominance. And how too much can wreak havoc on your body, leading to weight gain, thyroid dysfunction, extreme menopause and even breast cancer.
And researchers have learned that one of the biggest causes of copper overload is estrogen overload.

But you develop toxicity through other sources, too. These include copper IUD birth control and birth control pills, synthetic hormone replacement therapy (HRT), copper plumbing pipes, worn-out copper cookware, dental fillings and a vegetarian diet.
When a patient comes to my clinic presenting symptoms of estrogen dominance, it’s a pretty sure bet that they also have too much copper in their system.

Flush Out Copper in 4 Easy Steps

  1. Cut your copper exposure. Replace old copper water pipes if possible. Otherwise invest in a good water purification system. Find one that specifically removes copper, like ZeroWater. Copper cookware is prized by chefs. But don’t buy it unless the copper is on the outside of the pan. Otherwise, it will leach into your cooking.

  3. Eat Primal. Many of the foods that make up the bulk of a plant-based diet are full of copper, including kale, mushrooms, seeds, nuts, chickpeas, soy, avocados and fermented soy foods.
    Now these items are good for you — as long as you balance what you eat with foods that are rich in zinc. You see, you need zinc to balance out the copper. And you can only get zinc from animal sources. Foods like grass-fed beef, liver and lamb, as well as chicken, seafood and eggs.

  4. Sweat it out with infrared therapy. One of the easiest ways to rid your body of excess copper is to sweat it out in an infrared sauna.
    Infrared saunas are more efficient at detoxing than traditional steam saunas. In one study, sweat released in an infrared sauna was only 80% to 85% water. The remaining 15% to 20% was made up of heavy metals.
    In a traditional sauna, you only sweat out 3% toxins.1 I was so impressed with the detoxing power of infrared therapy that I had an infrared sauna shower installed at both my clinic and my home.

  5. Eliminate the excess with chelation. I recommend a combination of oral chelation and intravenous (IV) chelation to flush out excessive copper buildup.
    I recommend taking diindolylmethane (DIM). DIM sounds like a nasty chemical but it’s 100% natural. It’s produced by vegetables like broccoli, kale and cauliflower. I suggest you take 100 mg to 200 mg of DIM every day.

    At my clinic, I use calcium disodium EDTA for IV chelation directly into your bloodstream. The EDTA surrounds and grabs hold of metal toxins such as mercury, lead and arsenic. It carries them out of your body through your kidneys.
    If you’re interested in IV chelation at my clinic, please call 561-784-7852. My courteous staff will be happy to your answer your questions.

To Your Good Health,

Al Sears, MD

Al Sears, MD, CNS


1. Laredo M. “Whole body detoxification (Part 3): Far-infrared sauna use.” Natural News. March 17, 2008. Accessed June 30, 2016.

A Revolutionary DNA Rejuvenating Night Cream

Rejuvenate your cells overnight and reduce the appearance of lines, wrinkles and age spots with the new & improved DNA supporting power of this all natural night cream.

Comments are closed.
» Doctor Developed Formulas for Age-Defying Beauty