Actress Drew Barrymore did an interview recently with a popular beauty magazine. In it, she claimed to have a very addictive personality…
And she admits that’s the No. 1 reason she won’t have cosmetic surgery. She’s afraid that if she starts, she won’t want to stop!
Luckily, Drew discovered a rare skincare ingredient that makes the need for plastic surgery almost obsolete.
It’s an ingredient that may be new to Hollywood. But its history dates back more than 2,000 years to Ancient Greece.
Today, it’s used by a select few to support flawless, age-defying skin.
I’m talking about a secretion from snails called Helix aspersa Müller.
During a visit I made to a small village high in the Andes Mountains of Peru where it was first discovered, I saw the proof that it can turn back time.
There in the countryside, I noticed that women of all ages have the most flawless skin I’ve ever seen.
These women have spent their lives outdoors in the harsh tropical sun. But you’d never guess it from looking at them. Although they live a very primitive lifestyle, their hands and face are supple and soft…
It took me a long time to convince them to reveal the natural substance they had been using on their skin — but eventually they told me that’s their secret.
Helix aspersa Müller contains an enzyme that seal in moisture to support young, beautiful skin. It also contains a combination of compounds that removes dead skin cells, reduces inflammation and locks in moisture.
Clinical research supports just how effective snail serum is at building healthy human skin. One study published in the journal Skin Pharmacology and Physiology shows that snail enzymes have regenerative properties for human skin.1 Specifically, the study shows that it:
- Eliminates sunspots and improves signs of photoaging
- Has antioxidant activity and free radical scavenging capability
- Promotes skin cell creation and survival — essential for beautiful, healthy skin
In another study, participants with skin damage reported that it improved eye wrinkles and skin texture after just 12 weeks.2
The hidden power of snails is nothing short of a natural miracle. Because this natural secretion is packed with all the protective nutrients the snail’s skin needs.
The same nutrients that your skin needs too.
And one of the most important is nature’s greatest moisturizer hyaluronic acid (HA).
The snails use HA to protect their vulnerable skin from damage and to keep it hydrated.
But it’s also present in your body naturally. It acts as a cushion and a lubricant for your tissues, including your skin. HA promotes the ability of collagen and elastin to retain moisture in your skin.
It acts almost like a sponge soaking up water. In fact, it absorbs up to 1,000 times its weight in water and gives your skin firmness, elasticity, and flexibility, which reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
When you’re young and healthy, you have large amounts of HA in various tissues in your body like your skin, joints and even your eyes. It provides hydration, cushioning and support. But as you age, your HA levels start to decline. This leads to the dry, sagging skin that makes you look older than your years.
When you use HA topically, you’ll notice it working almost immediately. That’s because your skin absorbs it at a cellular level. Unlike some other moisturizers that simply sit on the top of your skin, HA sinks into the deeper levels of your skin tissue.
Further Enhance the Healing Power of Helix Aspersa
Snail serum is one of the fastest and most effective ways of getting the surgery-proof skin of a celebrity like Drew Barrymore. But it’s not the only way. Here are two more skin-saving enzymes to age-proof your face.
- Boost the growth of new skin cells. The roots and leaves of the comfrey plant contain a chemical substance called allantoin that helps stimulate the growth of new skin cells. In fact, the Latin name for the comfrey plant comes from the Greek word “symphyein” which means “grow together.”
Modern clinical testing of allantoin reveals that it’s a cell-regenerating agent which speeds up the skin’s natural exfoliation process. By removing the layer of dead skin cells on the surface of your face, allantoin makes the underlying skin more accessible to Helix aspersa Müller.3
- Use this “rejuvenation maven.” Alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA) renews skin by exfoliating dead cells on the surface to reveal the healthier, softer, and brighter skin underneath.
Many skincare products contain synthetic AHAs that can cause an allergic reaction, but the kinds found in Helix aspersa Müller are 100% natural. Clinical studies with 52 women show that wrinkle depth and skin roughness reduced by 32.5% and 42.9% after just 21 days of use!4
To Your Good Health,
Al Sears, MD, CNS
1. Brieva A, et al. “Molecular basis for the regenerative properties of a secretion of the mollusk Cryptomphalus aspersa.” Skin Pharmacol Physiol. 2008;21(1):15-22.
2. Fabi SG, et al.” The effects of filtrate of the secretion of the Cryptomphalus aspersa on photoaged skin.” J Drugs Dermatol. 2013;12(4):453-457.
3. Canadian Willowherb, 2017. The native American soothing ingredient, Québec: UNIPEX.
4. Tran D, et al. “An antiaging skin care system containing alpha hydroxy acids and vitamins improves the biomechanical parameters of facial skin.” Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2015;8:9-17.