For years, the FDA and Big Pharma teamed up to keep bioidentical hormones out of your hands.
In fact, not long ago the California Medical Board put the “gynecologist to the stars” on probation for four years. Dr. Prudence Hall’s only so-called crime was prescribing natural solutions to patients suffering from debilitating menopausal symptoms.
They charged her with being unaware of the risks posed by bioidentical hormones.
Her practice remains closed to this day…
But here’s the irony. Just a few months after putting Dr. Hall on probation, the FDA approved a Big Pharma “bioidentical drug.”
The drug is produced by the pharmaceutical giant TherapeuticsMD. This company is controlled by former members from the board of Wyeth, the makers of the synthetic hormone replacement therapy (HRT) drug Premarin.
The Sears Institute for Anti-Aging Medicine has treated hundreds of patients with bioidenticals.
And I’ve never had anything but positive results. It’s hands down the best treatment I’ve found for rebalancing hormones and treating severe menopause symptoms.
Over the past 20 years, numerous scientific studies have proven the effectiveness and safety of bioidentical hormones.
And unlike Big Pharma’s synthetic fakes, bioidenticals are unique blends of plant-based natural hormones, with chemical structures extremely similar to your own.
Once your precise deficiencies are established, a compound pharmacist creates a customized prescription medication that’s exactly the right fit for your body.
These are not one-size-fits-all Big Pharma creations. They’re made to measure for you, easing the ravages of hormone depletion almost immediately and restoring your hormone levels to normal.
Unlike synthetic hormones, your body responds to them easily, just like the ones it produces naturally.
Patients tell me the hot flushes and night sweats stop first. Then the mood swings and fatigue begin to fade. Some say their skin becomes softer, their hair thicker and their nails healthy again, with improvement in libido, energy levels and concentration.
Usually the women who take bioidenticals tell me they start to feel better within a few weeks.
If you’d like to know more about bioidentical hormone therapy at the Sears Institute for Anti-Aging Medicine, please call (561) 784-7852.
Balance your hormones with herbal healing
There are also ways you can balance your hormones at home. I always recommend having a hormone panel done to determine which hormones you need.
- Siberian rhubarb: An extract from the roots of the Siberian rhubarb plant has been used in Germany since 1993 to reduce all signs of menopause. In addition to experiencing fewer hot flashes, women taking Siberian rhubarb extract can expect a wide range of improvements in menopause symptoms, including better mood and better sleep.
In a study of 119 women, those receiving this herbal extract reduced 11 menopause symtoms – including hot flashes – by 83% in 12 weeks.1 I recommend that my patients take 4 mg once a day.
- Dong Quai: This Asian herb has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries for hot flashes, sleep disturbance and fatigue, as well headaches and high blood pressure. It’s sometimes called the “female ginseng” for its balancing effect on the female hormonal system.
I recommend 500 mg of powdered herb once or twice daily.
- Black Cohosh: In my patients, I’ve found this herb to be effective in relieving hot flashes and improving mood swings.
Researchers at the University of Illinois discovered that black cohosh may act on human opiate receptors, which play a role in regulating your body’s temperature.2 Another study found that it acts on serotonin, the neurotransmitter involved in regulating both mood and temperature.3
I recommend taking 20 to 40 mg twice daily. Be sure to look for a formula that is standardized to contain 1 mg of terpene glycosides per 20-mg tablet.
- Chaste Tree Berry: This herb, also known as vitex, may influence hormone levels by promoting the release of luteinizing hormone and, in turn, increasing levels of progesterone.
Traditionally, 20 mg all the way to 1,000 mg a day of herb powder in divided doses is recommended. I suggest starting with 300 mg once a day.
Dr. Alison Levitt
Dr. Alison Levitt brings more than 23 years of experience in regenerative medicine to the Sears Institute to give her patients total health and wellness – both inside and out.
She specializes in empowering patients to take back their health by maintaining their optimal health. Her patients get the most advanced regenerative medicine therapies to help reverse their health conditions.
1. Hapser I, et al. “Long-term efficacy and safety of the special extract ERr 731 of Rheum rhaponticum in perimenopausal women with menopausal symptoms.” Menopause. 2009;16(1):117-31.
2. Farnsworth N and Mahady G. “Research highlights from the UIC/NIH Center for Botanical Dietary Supplements Research for Women’s Health: Black cohosh from the field to the clinic.” Pharm Biol. 2009 Aug 1; 47(8): 755–760.
3. American Chemical Society. “Black cohosh may reduce hot flashes by targeting brain’s thermostat.” ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily. 8 September 2003.